[Scribus] Fill text with rainbow gradient.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 18 03:35:00 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> I know this is easier to do in Gimp. But for demonstration purposes I
> would like to do it in Scribus for an e-book cover.  I referenced the
> Ogg-Vorbis video but after latest  Linux reinstall Mplayer no longer
> works for me.

maybe try xine?
> If there is a wiki page or other guide to filling text with a
> repeating gradient I would be grateful for the URL.  Otherwise I will
> Gimp it (I bought a book :<)

In essence, what you want to do is take your text, convert to outlines,
then do your gradients. For more details check this new page:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Text_Gradients

Greg