[Scribus] 1.3.5 and memory

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Apr 15 15:22:20 CEST 2008

francesco fantoni wrote:
> i still keep having huge problems with large photo books even on 1.3.5:
> It's a serious flaw in scribus design IMHO, never addressed as it seems.
> I really don't know why you have to load all the images in memory, even
> though just a few pages at a time are actually displayed, would it be so
> difficult to have a better memory management for images? i really see it
> as a serious issue, not a normal one as it's usually treated in bug
> tracker. There are things i could do in scribus with the 1.2 version
> that can't be achieved in 1.3.x

There are various speed and memory issues that are the source of growing
pains with 1.3.5svn (this is a developmental version), and these are
being addressed. The problem of memory limits with images is a
long-standing one, and is also something we would like to iron out by
the official release of 13.5+.

Greg