[Scribus] pdf printing problem

Wayne shakacat
Mon Apr 14 21:26:04 CEST 2008

I run ads in two of our daily newspapers for our
production and I use Scribus to create the pdf files.
I've been doing this for the past several years.
Recently, I submitted 2 ads, one in black & white to
one newspaper and a spot color ad to another paper. The
black & white ad printed fine but the one with spot
color shifted two of the letter "A"s in the ad. This
shift was  enough to cause one word to be illegible.

The production person said that the pdf file looked
good before the print but came out mangled after the
print and that there was no way that they could fix it.
I asked if his software was the current version and he
said it was. He tried to find out what was causing it
but could not do it.
His suggestion was that I use InDesign or Quark. I
previewed the files on Acrobat Reader and they both
looked fine.

My question is this: Is the problem on my side (Scribus
1.3.3.10cvs) or his? Has anyone else experienced this
kind of problem?

The black and white ad, which was virtually identical
(except without the spot color) to the color one
printed fine at a different newspaper. I embedded all
fonts in the pdf files.

Wayne Maeda
Scribus 1.3.3.10cvs
Mandriva 2008