[Scribus] The Scribus Team needs you was Re: Support the Libre Graphics Meeting

Plinnell mrdocs
Mon Apr 14 14:07:18 CEST 2008

On Sunday 13 April 2008 14:49:44 Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I am giving a hand to help organise the next Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM)
> in Wroclaw at the beginning of May. We need your kind help! Please take a
> few minutes to read the following and do whatever you can to help us out.
> It only takes a few minutes to made a donation. Spread the word as well.
> Thanks in advance helping us making this happen!
>
> What is the Libre Graphics Meeting?
>
> The Libre Graphics Meeting brings together developers and users of free
> software graphics applications, such as the GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus,
> Blender, Krita, the Open Clipart Library and more.
> http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=home
>
> In its third edition, the organization needs your help! You can support
> your favorite graphics application, and ensure that the travel costs of as
> many volunteer developers as possible are paid to ensure that this edition
> of the conference is more successful that its predecessors.
>
> Where will the money go?
>
> We have kept costs associated with infrastructure to a minimum. Over 80% of
> the conference budget will be spent on subsidizing travel and accommodation
> costs for developers.
>
> A non-profit organization
>
> All donations will be made to the conference organizers via the GNOME
> Foundation, a 501(c)3 tax exempt US-based non-profit, so donations will be
> tax deductible for US taxpayers. We would like to thank the GNOME
> Foundation for their support.
>
> http://pledgie.com/campaigns/613
>
> Posted by first LGM organiser, Dave Neary.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Louis

Hi Folks,

Louis is right on.

We, as a team, have never asked for any financial support from the community
before.

I wrote a blog about this last night with more details about LGM.
http://rants.scribus.net/

The initial response has been great, but we still need to go further to
achieve our goal.

Thanks,

Peter