[Scribus] Support the Libre Graphics Meeting

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sun Apr 13 14:49:44 CEST 2008

Hello list!

I am giving a hand to help organise the next Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM) in
Wroclaw at the beginning of May. We need your kind help! Please take a few
minutes to read the following and do whatever you can to help us out. It
only takes a few minutes to made a donation. Spread the word as well. Thanks
in advance helping us making this happen!

What is the Libre Graphics Meeting?

The Libre Graphics Meeting brings together developers and users of free
software graphics applications, such as the GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus,
Blender, Krita, the Open Clipart Library and more.
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=home

In its third edition, the organization needs your help! You can support your
favorite graphics application, and ensure that the travel costs of as many
volunteer developers as possible are paid to ensure that this edition of the
conference is more successful that its predecessors.

Where will the money go?

We have kept costs associated with infrastructure to a minimum. Over 80% of
the conference budget will be spent on subsidizing travel and accommodation
costs for developers.

A non-profit organization

All donations will be made to the conference organizers via the GNOME
Foundation, a 501(c)3 tax exempt US-based non-profit, so donations will be
tax deductible for US taxpayers. We would like to thank the GNOME Foundation
for their support.

http://pledgie.com/campaigns/613

Posted by first LGM organiser, Dave Neary.

Cheers!

Louis