[Scribus] Bleed questions

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Apr 11 13:38:31 CEST 2008

David Sarnowski a ?crit :
> I am new to Scribus and DTP in general.

Welcome to Scribus!

> I am making a double sided
> flyer with three panels.  I am using poylgons to provide background
> color to some of my text areas on the page.  Here are my questions:
>
>     * How much should I let the shapes run over the page to make sure
>       the colors run to the edge for a printer?

The bleed value requested on press is generally 1/8 of an inch (or 9
points).

>     * Because I have two pages, how do I let the shapes from page two
>       properly over run the page, but not run onto page 1?

I am not sure to understand your question. Unless you have made your two
pages on one single page document, there should be 2 pages in your
document, one for each side of your flyer. Each will be treated separately.

Also, if you are working with version 1.3.3.x, bleed is not supported.
You have 3 choice. 1) Avoid bleed. 2) Make a larger document to
accomodate the bleed area and the trim marks. Please note that you?re
going to have to place those marks manually but it takes about 3-5
minutes to figure this out. 3) Use the python script provided with the
application "BleedAndPrintMarks.py".

If you?re using 1.3.4, please stop using this version, as it is not
suitable for production. Get back here for further advice if you are in
that case.

If you?re using 1.3.5, bleed is supported but this version is also a
developer version and is not suited for production (although you could try).

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Louis