[scribus] Multiple instances of Scribus

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 23:02:48 CEST 2008

John Brown wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> As I said in my original comment, actual user instances should dictate
>> what seems to make sense.
>> In emacs, if you try to open a file already open, you will simply go to
>> that file in buffer, not open the file from disk again, unless you open
>> another instance of emacs. Is that what Scribus should do? Why?
>>
>> Greg
>>

> I really don't care if Scribus allows you to open a file more than once
> or not, even if I canot think of a good reason why somebody would
> deliberately do that.

Quite -  I did it accidentally.

> If it wants to stop you, there are several methods:
> 1) Silent refusal (emacs)
> 2) Loud refusal (Excel)

Excel is certainly a PITA.  It won't let you edit two files with the
same name even, even if they are in other directories !

> if it allows you to open a file more than once, it should
> give you a warning before it lets you go ahead. That is my only
> requirement.

Seems sensible to me.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor