[Scribus] The best way to make a book

Stewart Noy windrunner
Thu Sep 27 10:44:10 CEST 2007

Dr. Werner Popken wrote:

>> I'd even suggest to split it up into smaller files (eg one file for each
>> chapter). In its current state, Scribus doesn't handle huge amounts of
>> text
>> very well.
>
> Okay, no problem except that I haven't seen a solution to the problem
> of joining the parts together. In particular, page numbering would be
> a bit tedious if I would produce a separate PDF files (that's what I'm
> heading at); also I would have to join the PDF files together into one
> big PDF files. I know there are tools to accomplish this is. Would
> that be the way or would I join somehow the separate sla-files into
> one big file before producing the PDF?

Hi,
Try: Page> Import, and then select the pages you need to import from the
selected sla file.
I find that 1.3.3.9 on Windows doesn't import the images for the Image
Frames, but 1.3.3.10svn does. Try it.

Oh, and go to: File > Document Setup > Sections, from there you can setup
your pages so that the first page in your document starts with whatever
number you choose.

So importing, or merging mulitple PDF's are both viable.

Stewart