[Scribus] Get Text... Filters

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Tue Sep 25 22:41:00 CEST 2007

Hi all,

can't find how to define filters. The video

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/applying_styles.ogg

doesn't seem to show this part of the game.

Get Text... Filters

gives me the dialog without filters to apply.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Video_Tutorials#Three_ways_to_apply_styles

   In the File Dialog, Text Filters is selected, bringing up another
   window in which our text codes are used to select the appropriate
   style. As you can see, these have already been determined, and the
   mouse clicks show how the settings correspond with each other.
   Click OK, and we see that by our third method we obtain the same
   result.

I get the dialog, but not the filters. They have to be defined
somewhere, I guess. I have the paragraph styles, I saved the file as
template, I prepared the text with the tags, but if the filter is
empty, it won't work.

Where do you explain the definition?

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Image:TFImportdialog.png
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Auto-formating_paragraphs_during_text_file_imports

don't explain it either.

   Import: Do not search for the "Text filter" in the Scribus menus.
   You will not find them. Just start importing, as Tsoots shows in
   his screenshot. Important: Do not expect a "Text filter" entry in
   the drop down. Just select ... and click on ... -- and the dialog
   to configure your import will auto-magically appear.

No automagic here...

Thanks, Werner