[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

John Beardmore John
Mon Sep 24 00:19:53 CEST 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:20:01 -0400
> Louis Desjardins <louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com> wrote:

>> What I know for sure is in the end, once you have
>> picked pics from all around, having them in one single location rarely
>> hurts.
>
> I use pictures from locations A B and C. Joe across the room uses pictures from
> locations A B and C.  Why do we both need a copy of that picture in our collect
> directories, especially if we're not collaborating on our documents?

You don't, but if I want to move stuff between two sites and my laptop,
I may have different needs.

>> This location could also be your server, diminishing the
>> trafic on your network. No?
>
> Actually, no.
>
> Depending on your work flow and directory structures, this could greatly
> increase the traffic on your network instead.

Indeed, though how many LANs really limit peoples work flow ?

>  And again, for very little gain.

Again, very little gain given the way you work ?  If it's kept
configurable, everybody can get what they need.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.