[Scribus] Scripter setProperty(object, property, value) function

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Sep 17 09:56:24 CEST 2007

Jeremy Brown wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the info. I actually figured out that I am dumb and was
> mistyping the property names I was trying to set. This actually works
> great now, and I'm thankful that someone bothered to put these functions
> in to Scripter.
>
> I just got my wiki access, and I've added a few script articles that show
> the fruits of my labor with getProperty and setProperty: more image
> scaling and image alignment options within the image frame.

Thanks for adding those. That's the sort of thing that can make a real
difference for people who're exploring some of the corners of the software.

I would note that the interface is not guaranteed to be stable, or
continue working, as the program evolves though. It's a rather more
direct exposure of the C++ innards than the scripter usually provides,
making it simpler and more flexible - but also rather more prone to
subtle breakage and the effects of internal API changes.

--
Craig Ringer