[Scribus] Preparing a Scribus workshop

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Sep 11 15:03:53 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am preparing an Scribus workshop for beginners. I found tons of
>> helpful material in the wiki. I just wonder, if anybody already prepared
>> a lesson or workshop about Scribus. I would like to be inspired by
>> structure and maybe presentation (Impress/Powerpoint). Material could be
>> in English or German. But I think, the "Get Started with 2006" has a
>> good "roadmap" for a course.
>>

> I think the start is mainly that you know Scribus to the depth that you
> need to teach and that you know your audience as far as whether they can
> grasp DTP/layout concepts.
>
> We'd be disappointed if you didn't do your presentation with a PDF made
> with Scribus...
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=pdfexport4

I would add that I think you'll do better to pick and choose material
from the Wiki to tell the story as you want/need to tell it. The Get
Started with Scribus tutorial is going to be too ambitious for beginners
to grasp, yet you may be able to steal some ideas from it. Feel free to
download images from the Wiki as needed.

Also worthwhile is to point out the built-in documentation, Scribus
documentation site, the Wiki, and Scribus list as sources of further
information. No doubt even with the best presentation one can imagine,
your workshop attendees will need more help in the future.

Greg