[Scribus] 3D text effects

John Brown johnbrown105
Wed Sep 5 06:42:48 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
>To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>Subject: Re: [Scribus] 3D text effects
>Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:35:36 -0400
>
>Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> > John Brown schrieb:
> >
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> Is there a way in Scribus to give text a 3D appearance?
> >
>The ultimate (perhaps) for this kind of thing is going to be something
>like Blender, which has a bit of a learning curve to be sure, but can do
>things that most other graphics manipulation programs only pretend to do.
>
>Greg

I finally succeeded in getting Blender to do what I wanted by following a
tutorial that had nothing to do with what I was doing. It helped me to find
the right buttons. The only problem is that I need to do it again, but I
can't.

Oh, well. With luck, I will be able to find the right buttons again after I
get
some sleep.

That's one open source project where you don't have to wonder how they
get funding. They must sell the manual by the trailer load.