[Scribus] Import an EPS from Sibelius, having major problems!

avox avox
Wed Sep 5 00:44:48 CEST 2007

John Culleton-3 wrote:

> I have never tried importing music into scribus before. I tried to import
> an
> EPS file as a graphic but it treated it as having 72dpi  resolution, a bad
> decision.  If there is a way around this I would be pleased to be educated
> on
> the point.

Scribus uses 72 dpi for the preview on screen, the dpi specified in the PDF
export dialog for embedding EPS in PDF, and will embed EPS as is for
PostScript output.

> Then I tried creating a document directly from a PS file which was typeset
> by
> my favorite music layout program, Mup.  The notes, lyrics etc. all
> appeared
> but only the bottom line of the 5 lines of the staff showed up.  The same
> effect ocurred with a PS file and with an EPS conversion of that file.
> That
> is even worse.
>
> It is a problem possibly not worth solving since I can always import into
> Gimp
> and save as a bitmap with sufficiently high dpi. But I am curious why the
> Scribus PS file conversion routines miss part of the PostScript file.  I
> doubt that the staff lines are bitmapped.
>
> Would anyone care to play with the PS file as generated by Mup?

Sure, just file a bug and attach the PS.

/Andreas