[Scribus] Import an EPS from Sibelius, having major problems!

avox avox
Tue Sep 4 22:09:42 CEST 2007

dax702 wrote:

> Andreas,
> Thank you for your reply, however, I'm having a little difficulty
> following your directions. It sounded like you said I can insert the EPS
> into an image frame.  I just tried that and it doesn't look good at all.

It looks bad on screen because it uses medium quality for preview by
default. You have to check the printed output if it's ok for you.

> So far the only thing that seems to work is exporting to EPS from
> Sibelius, then opening that EPS in photoshop and saving it as an EPS (in
> photoshop) Then when I import into Scribus, it works, although the margins
> don't seem right.

Photoshop? Doesnt that create an EPS with a bitmap inside? Try ungrouping
the imported graphics in scribus and check if you get vector objects.

If it's just a bitmap, better use an imageframe in Scribus.

/Andreas