[Scribus] Arrow heads and line styles

Stewart Noy windrunner
Sat Sep 1 09:11:39 CEST 2007

A while ago I posted a request for different size arrow heads.
I thought that once a small, medium or large head had been assigned to a
line, any increase in size to the line would increase on the head, thereby
limiting your options quite a bit for arrow head sizes.
I since discovered (much to my joy) that it is possible.
Simply assign a head to a line, adjust the line width so that the arrow head
is the right size. Then to get the actual line width correct, create a Line
Style with desired settings and assign that to the line - the arrow head
won't be affected at all by the Line Style (it might change on screen but if
you export to PDF the arrow head will remain the right colour. This does
mean that you have to ensure that the colours, etc are also correct for the
arrow head on the properties pallette before applying the Line Style.
The options to make adjustments to the original line (arrow head) are greyed
out once you apply a Line Style so to readjust settings simply select No
Style, make adjustments, and reapply the Line Style.
Sorry if this is useless info to everyone but it foxed me at first and I
only discovered this by chance. Might be of help to someone starting out.
Seeing as the Scribus (Win32) downloads are over 100 000.

Stewart