[Scribus] Fwd: Re: Manual - first baby step

adam hyde adam
Wed Oct 24 14:51:20 CEST 2007

> This sounds interesting, and in fact there has been some discussion
> about this. For us or at least for me, it's a bit of a sacrilege to have
> the final output (PDF) done in anything other than Scribus. As we've
> told many on the list, Scribus isn't the best tool for composing and
> editing text, especially when there's a lot of it. In something like
> this we also have to deal with its collaborative nature.
>
> One thing this may do is point the way to some functions, features,
> tools, and hooks that would improve workflow for projects like this, so
> in the end it may benefit Scribus at the development level.

I was actually working towards FLOSS Manuals outputting files in scribus
file format. We need this so we can prepare the manuals for PDF to
upload to lulu.com. Ths export would be available early next year I
hope. Perhaps this would tap into the scribus workflow nicely?

adam