[Scribus] Manual - first baby step

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Oct 23 19:27:10 CEST 2007

William F. Maddock wrote:
> What I'm thinking, really, is that if when deciding on margins, we keep in mind A4 width (pulling back approx. .05 inch from these "mental edges") and US Letter length (pulling back 0.25 inch from these "mental edges") the same document should print easily under both page formats, making it a bit easier on the end user when they go to print. Pulling back 0.5 inch from both sides should eliminate any need for double-sided master pages as well.

Let's see what others think. Just now I loaded it into Adobe Reader,
printed on US Letter fitting to paper, and it came out quite legible and
readable. Is a larger binding margin really needed? I don't know.

One thing I would hate to see is it getting bogged down in minutiae --
this is a volunteer effort, so don't hassle the volunteers too much.

Greg