[Scribus] Manual

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sun Oct 21 14:59:53 CEST 2007

2007/10/21, Cedric Sagne <cedric.sagne at poeware.com>:

> Craig,
>
> Thanks for your excellent point - not about the manual existing in PDF
> or not - BUT about expectations and willingness to give and desire to
> receive. I mean, I promote Scribus in my work environment, I submit the
> bugs I spot, I try to make generous and useful contributions to this
> list rather than criticize or say "this should be like this or like that".
>

> ON THE MANUAL THING
> I would suggest we organise a taskforce for one official manual -
> online, comprehensive and its PDF version !

Hi C?dric !

I like your enthusiasm!

But I think we have our hands full already, no?! :-) Only on the French side
we have the Tutorial to update, the wiki to translate and feed... What we'd
need here is the French community to really step in and, for instance,
translate what's already in the wiki. This alone would help a lot of users.

Craig, Louis, what tools/tips can you give these willing souls before
> they start their journey? I would happily become a founding member of
> such a taskforce (please reply offlist).

Anybody interested, please contact me offlist, maybe we could work in
> the documentation section in the wiki, start by finding out what time
> everyone has, what they are keenest on doing.

Answer is above! Plus, Craig's point on the fast moving target 1.3.x series
and the changes that are rapidly coming within a year horizon makes that
task a bit more complicated. I would really concentrate on what we do now
and not bother on the PDF version unless fresh help step in to give a hand.
And only to make sure, this doesn't mean I think a PDF version (for print)
is not a good idea...!!! ;) just to make sure... hehe! ;)

Please don't get me wrong! It is not a matter of turning down an
enthusiastic idea! Only putting in the equation the few other variables that
are really part of it too!

Cheers!

Louis