[Scribus] Manual

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sat Oct 20 19:54:16 CEST 2007

2007/10/20, william f. maddock <billsey at earthlink.net>:

> On Oct 20, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
> > William F. Maddock wrote:

Hi,

One thing for sure is there can't be much comparisons to make between such a
huge project as OO.o and a rather small project (though particularly healthy
and active) such as Scribus. The difference in resources is nothing less
than huge.

Certainly, someone can come up with a manual about Scribus in a PDF format.
No questions on that. So far, the most active of us feel they can contribute
better by feeding the wiki, the bug tracker and get back as soon as they
possibly can on the mailing list to help others with most any kind of
issues, including the one you are raising now. I can't think of such a
choice as condescending. Rather, it is driven by the time each one has to
spare on the project, and based on each individual's interests. Even this
explanation should not, as well as the ones posted just before, be
considered as condescending: it simply is not! It's a reality! At least you
know why there is no PDF manual yet.

Is there is room for improvement? Sure. Room for a printable version of the
wiki? Why not. As Craig has suggested, this work is still to be done, if
someone really needs it. The info on the wiki is there for anyone to see. It
could be made into a PDF. It only takes time to do it. If you feel that you
could help doing it, feel free to give a hand.

Cheers!

Louis