[Scribus] Manual

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Oct 20 15:50:44 CEST 2007

jeff Weir wrote:
> Does anyone know of a PDF format manual for scribus that I could print
> out and carry with me?

This is perhaps a paradox with Scribus, in that a project designed to
make PDFs does not have a manual in its own or in PDF format. Beyond
that, I think one would have to say that the value of printing out and
carrying around with you the current online manual would be either
unnecessary or largely unhelpful. The wiki is where much of the
practical nuts-and-bolts kind of information is, and unfortunately the
wiki structure does not print well from most, perhaps all browsers, with
many graphics misplaced or missing altogether.

This page:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Index
may help for some questions if the overall structure of the wiki seems
like trying to decide which wildebeest to pick out of the large herd of
wiki articles.

On a practical note, I would say that users of Scribus benefit greatly
from simply using it, since once you get into the mindset of its
operation, you can manage quite well, with the episodic orientation from
the wiki and other sources.

Greg