[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Marc Sabatella marc
Fri Oct 19 01:04:52 CEST 2007

> Well, second paragraph, i read "this new developement release",
> "developement" says it all i think...

That phrase has meaning only to people steeped in the tradition of open
source application development.  Assuming your intent is for Scribus to be
used by people who are not themselves open source programmers, then I don't
think specialized terminology like "development release" cuts it to convey
the distinction.

And for what it's worth, "development release" isn't even really accurate
according to my understanding of the term (as a former software engineer
with only a peripheral connection to open source programming).  To me, the
term implies a release stream in active development - one in which one can
reaosnably expect further minor releases, bugs to be fixed, etc.

What I don't understand is why is there is such resistance to the idea that
maybe a snother sentence or two could be added to the web pge explaining, in
plain Engliosh for non open-source-programmers, what this release is about.
Obviously, the folks who already know don't need to be told, but it really
shouldn't be that hard to see how an outsider could benefit from a *little*
more explanation.

Marc Sabatella
marc at outsideshore.com