[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Oct 17 23:22:17 CEST 2007

Craig Bradney wrote:
> The relates to the fact that 1.2 was becoming more and more outdated and
> harder to maintain as we worked through 1.3.0 and higher and decided that
> 1.3.3.x was really very stable and that the best way to manage our time and
> bring the users more advanced functionality was to spend the time to
> stabilise it and forget about 1.2.x.

As I recall, this came about because it was sensed that the features
added to 1.3.4 were a very big jump, so 1.3.3.x became an anomalous
series that needed to be officially released due to the many useful
changes from 1.2.x.
> No matter what versions exist, you always have a stable, an unreleased stable,
> an unstable and an unreleased unstable. We will at least be able to make more
> of a difference once we get to 1.4.0, where th 1.5.x series will then be the
> unstable series.

My sense of this is that you have:
A stable version, with a developmental version (svn) mainly related to
bugfixes, rarely something might be backported, yet for various reasons
highly unlikely any backporting will happen from 1.3.5 to 1.3.3.x
The unstable version is a mix of added features and bugfixes. Here
again, there is a bit of an anomaly related to the qt3 to qt4 jump.

Greg