[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Thomas Zastrow listen
Wed Oct 17 21:13:27 CEST 2007

Craig Bradney schrieb:

> When we declare 1.4.0 stable, that is when it will be stable. I do not expect
> we will declare any version between 1.3.4 and 1.4.0 as a stable version.
> 1.3.3.10 will be released as another stable version, and 1.3.5+ (<1.4.0) will
> be unstable, but should be getting closer and closer to production usable
> from 1.3.5+ as it gets closer to 1.4.0.

Please don't misunderstand me, but the version numbering schema of
Scribus is really a little bit confusing ... when 1.3.4 was released, I
also thought at the first moment that it is a stable version :-)

Now, we have:

1.3.3.9
1.3.3.10 / svn
1.3.4
1.3.5svn

and as you wrote,  in the future, there could be perhaps some more
versions, this is ... ahem ... yes ... confusing ;-)

I'm working a lot with Scribus at the moment (there are also some more
tutorials in the pipeline ..). For that work, I normaly use 1.3.3.9 /
1.3.3.10. Beside that, I compile 1.3.5svn several times a week and play
around with it. I'm honest, I never use 1.3.4. I think, this release was
... hmm ... not really necessary (but I don't want to disgust anyone, I
enjoy working with Scribus!!!).

Best,

Tom