[Scribus] Importing foto images

david david.georgie
Mon Oct 15 14:55:30 CEST 2007

Hi guys!

I'm a newbie and I am trying to get wysiwyg in Feisty - for private,
amateur use.

I use F-Spot and Gimp, although I struggle with both and the photo
images I can see on screen are nothing like those printed out on my
Deskjet 920C.

I am trying to get sRGB and ICC profiles from HP but no result as yet.

I have tried to get a simple profile for my LCD monitor using LProf,
with mixed results.

An article or two in Linux Format magazine says the best way to achieve
positive results from photographs with the printed image bearing some
relation to that shewn on-screen is to use Scribus.

If I go into Scribus v2.2.5, 2006 build C-C-T it tells me
that .png/.tiff/.png/ and even .ps images "are not in scribus format".

I have obtained these images from original .jpeg images imported
from/converted in Gimp.

I know that, but it displays the clock running image and even tho' I
wait a considerable amount of time to allow for conversion, nix.

Where do I go from here, please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best

David