[Scribus] Package availability in Gutsy

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Sat Oct 13 06:58:54 CEST 2007

I am using 1.3.3.8 on Feisty, amd64. In Feisty (assuming you have
enabled all the repositories) Synaptic lists 1.2.5 and 1.3.4, although
if you ever installed 1.3.3.8 you can use Package > Force Version to
install 1.3.3.8. I tried 1.3.4 but found it was too buggy for me. I can
take a little problem now and then, but 1.3.4 was too much.

Gutsy is going to be released in a matter of days. The final release
candidate was posted on Ubuntu's website yesterday. This evening I
downloaded and booted it just to play around with it. Synaptic in Gutsy
lists 1.3.3.9 and 1.3.4, that is, 1.2.5 is now history, but they
decided to keep 1.3.3.9 in the repositories.

Gutsy is going to be sweet, especially if you have a 64-bit computer
and want everything to work. All the multimedia stuff worked right out
of the box - flash, java, sound, movies - I couldn't find anything that
didn't work. And it also comes with compiz, so you can do all the cool
desktop tricks. Can't wait.