[Scribus] Color problem w/ 1.3.4

Jan Schrewe jschrewe
Fri Oct 12 20:03:12 CEST 2007

Matt Gushee schrieb am Freitag, 12. Oktober 2007:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a document in Scribus 1.3.4, and am having trouble
> getting one color to come out right.

[snip]

> Now, I'm thinking the problem may be due to the background image being
> in RGB colorspace--indeed, I converted the image to CMYK, and I then get
> the desired colors when I view the PDF in Acroread--so I am guessing the
> printed result will also be good. However, that converted image isn't
> usable for the final product. I used the ImageMagick 'convert' program,
> and the results are rather bizarre: the image is indeed CMYK, but it
> also gets stretched and cropped in an arbitrary fashion, and black and
> white are inverted. So I'm not sure how to get a usable CMYK bitmap
> image. For image editing I mainly use GIMP 2.2, which doesn't really
> handle CMYK.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi,

The way I do that is by using gimp-2.4. This version has basic colour
management installed.

Then activate the colormanagement in scribus and use the same colour profiles
in gimp and scribus and tell gimp that you want to have a print preview. The
colours should match then.

Hope this helps.

Jan