[Scribus] First time user printing problems

Tom Stoddard tstoddard
Thu Oct 11 16:01:02 CEST 2007

Martin,

We did try this and the pdf printed as poorly as the original document
printed from Scribus. It looked different but still had many of the same
problems.

Since then we've had some success by changing some of the advanced
settings in the printer's options. The printer's postscript driver
allows us to specify one of several settings for ICM Method under Image
Color Management. It was disabled by default and we changed it to "ICM
handled by printer". Under printer features in the advanced options,
there is a setting for pure black text/graphics which was disabled by
default. We switched that setting to "On". Right below that option was
one called "Black Overprint". We changed that from disabled to "text".
Now everything is printing clearly from within Scribus. The "double
vision" has been resolved. The only problem we're noticing now is that
colors aren't rendering consistently. We are producing a six page
newsletter. Four of the pages are being printed to one 11 x 17 sheet and
the other two pages are being printed onto one 8.5 x 11 sheet. There is
a solid bar of red across the top of all of the pages. It's the same
color but it appears substantially different on the 11 x 17 as it does
on the 8.5 x 11. On the 8.5 x 11, it looks brown.

Unfortunately, both me and the person working on this newsletter are
busy doing multiple other tasks and we can't seem to find the time to
focus on this and diagnose it correctly. Printing from InDesign on the
Mac was never problematic so we weren't prepared for these difficulties.
Thanks for your feedback.

Tom