[Scribus] Opening Scribus files accross different machines

Carl Moller cmoller
Wed Oct 10 16:51:35 CEST 2007

Greetings, I am new to scribus so I hope this is an actual issue and not
just a user problem.

I consistently have this problem among all of my scribus machines:
I am using the following OS's: Windows 2K SP4, Windows XP Pro SP2 (x2
machines).
I am using the stable build of Scribus for windows: 1.3.3.9

When working on my Windows 2K, I can create and import an PS file. After
saving and closing the file on my local harddrive, I copy the file to
our network server drives. Then I open it with one of my Windows XP
machines. The imported PS file becomes a border with a crosses rather
than the actual graphic.
The problem reproduces itself again and again. If however, I work on the
windows XP on the network drive, I can open it in my Windows 2K provided
it stays on the network drive. When I copy it from the network drive to
my USB key and take it home on my windows XP, the PS file once again
goes back to the border with crosses.
I continue to have to re-import the graphic every time and I have no
idea why.

Can anyone help me resolve this or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Carl