[Scribus] Example of what...[OT]

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Sun Oct 7 00:13:33 CEST 2007

Hi Greg,

On 10/6/07, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> dbeach at klikmaker.com wrote:
> > This is my first submission to this mailing list. If it's not
> > appropriate for this list, I apologize in advance.
> >
> > http://www.klikmaker.com/pdf/211TestPage.pdf
> >
> Let me apologize if what I am about to say offends anyone, but let me
> preface it to say that as I look at the page, it's a bit disheartening
> to see sophisticated tools being used to end up with a design with
> problems. ......................................

I think design critique is really valuable. It could be yet another
valuable benefit to the list users (read: fledgling users like me!) if
acceptable on a continuous basis. Perhaps we could have a forum on
Scribus.net where users could upload their PDF page-layouts along with
SLAs. Such a forum  would have a facility to post reviewing comments
as well. Perhaps Google Ads could be placed in the right-hand margins
of all forum discussions to let Google take note of the subject matter
and display related ads to enable Scribus to earn some ad revenue.

The other day I was browsing coroflot and logopond and that's how it
goes there. People post their stuff and other guys post their comments
on the stuff posted. Inkscape is vibrantly discussed on different
forums. May be Scribus could also have a forum like that on
Scribus.net. Of course, things are discussed here on the list but I am
talking about a place specifically designated for posting PDFs/SLAs
for review/design critique of forum members. That could also result in
more happy Scribus users with stuff to show off publicly.

Just my humble opinion.

--
Best regards,

Asif