[Scribus] Autosave disabled if no change since last save?

Calum Polwart scribus
Sat Oct 6 13:10:55 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 09:43 +0200, Cedric Sagne wrote:
> I actually disable autosave on all software I use because
> sometimes I prefer to lose changes than save a misfortunate f**kup.

But autosave saves to a .sla.bak file so it doesn't touch your original
file.  You can safely close and re-open your original by choosing not to
save.

> In Scribus, I found that I really prefer to do a large UNDO by not
> saving at all rather than get an autosave at a point I do not want. This
> is especially true when try and testing layouts in brainstorming.
>
> "The opinions above are my own only"

And thats why these options are always configurable!  If I've worked on
somehting for half an hour then get a phone call and return to discover
Scribus has crashed (or a power cut or whatever) at least I know I can
restore to the last few minutes...  As scribus becomes more stable I'd
hope to reduce the autosave time to say 20mins then 30mins...  Meaning I
could get 27mins work done in half an hour instead of the current 21mins
while I wait for autosave