[Scribus] Autosave disabled if no change since last save?

Cedric Sagne cedric.sagne
Thu Oct 4 09:43:27 CEST 2007

Hi

The autosave is possibly a nice feature on any application for some
people, but on Scribus 1.3.4 I found it tends to block the software (I'm
on Windows). I actually disable autosave on all software I use because
sometimes I prefer to lose changes than save a misfortunate f**kup.

Plus (even on OO) it looks like autosaves tend to corrupt files over
time, especially as files grow larger.

In Scribus, I found that I really prefer to do a large UNDO by not
saving at all rather than get an autosave at a point I do not want. This
is especially true when try and testing layouts in brainstorming.

"The opinions above are my own only"

Cedric