[Scribus] I can't use my numerical fields (?)

Aasmund Kvamme akkogve
Thu Oct 4 19:13:11 CEST 2007

I'm talking about those little boxes or fields where I can enter numerical
information about font size, tabulator places, linespacing etc.etc.

Whenever I try to enter a value in a field (such as font-size, or tabulator
placement, or anything!) the value sets itself to either 0.0 or 1.0, and
refuses to change. This happens wether I try to write a number directly in
the field, or use those small triangles for adjusting the value up or down.
When I save this change it stays changed when I open the document, and
continues to refuse to change.

BUT if I can change the value by clicking and dragging (as I ca with the tab
stops) I can change as much as I like. So it seems that it is the changes
made in the numerical fields that is the problem.

I'm working (or rather, trying to work) on Fedora 7, with Scribus 1.3.3.9.

Does  anybody recognize this problem?

Best regards,
(newbie) Aasmund Kvamme
Bergen, Norway