[Scribus] Need to create a brochure quick!

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Thu Oct 4 14:15:01 CEST 2007

2007/10/4, Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk at spth.de>:

> Damien Hull schrieb:
>
> >     * 3 folds
> >           o Saw this as an option when I started Scribus
>
> Don't use this option, it's mostly useless since until Scribus gets an
> imposition feature! Instead create a plain layout using one scribus page
> per page on the paper. You can use helper lines to separate the logical
> pages.

Hi Damien,

Philipp advise is the way to go.

I would only add that in order to figure out what your fold lines are and
the margins you should respect if you don't want text to be too close to a
fold (or span on a fold), simply take a physical sheet of paper, fold it as
you intend and from the unfolded sheet, write down the measurements.

Also, identify with numbers or letters on your physical dummy each panel so
you don't get mixed-up with which is which when you're back into Scribus.
Remember you won't see how the pamphlet folds on the screen! Depending if
you use a Z-fold or a U-fold, your front and back panel won't be the same.

Plus, the size of each panel will not be identical. In a U-fold, the panel
that folds towards the interior is a bit smaller than the other two. Fold
the sheet and you'll find out easily.

Last, don't bother with fold marks. Better give your printer a printed and
folded dummy, preferably stapled so nobody plays with it and unfolds it
inadvertently.

HTH

Louis

Philipp