[Scribus] Unattended Installation of Scribus

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell jpb
Thu Oct 4 10:50:09 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> Julian Pilfold-Bagwell wrote:
>>

>>> Hiya,
>>>
>>> A quick question regarding Scribus. Is there any facility withing the
>>> installer for unattended "quiet" installation or has anyone succeeded in
>>> carrying out such a thing?
>>>

>> What platform(s) are you using?
>>
>> In the absence of this rather crucial information I'm assuming by your
>> phrasing that you mean Windows. If so, I'm pretty sure (Jean Ghali can
>> confirm for sure) that you can just zip the install up and copy it to
>> another machine without problems. You might want to bundle GhostScript,
>> but other than that... should be fine.
>>

> Not sure what is meant by "quiet". It's an automated operation on
> Windows and doesn't take very long -- hardly enough time to use some
> other software, even though you should be able to do so.
>
> Greg

Hi All,

Yep sorry, act of stupidity number one was leaving out the fact that
it's on Windows but I'm 99% Linux : 1% XP so I forgot ;)  It's only
after going through the scripted installs on XP that I really appreciate
what a great line "apt-get -y install ......"  is.

I have Ghostscript scripted so it installs without prompting for
confirmations but I couldn't work Scribus out. I'll copy it onto our
data server, pull the directory down during logon and will post a result
to the list for anyone else who may have this question.

Thanks for all your help,

Cheers,

Julian PB

--