[Scribus] EasyPose's AutoCover screen

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Tue Oct 2 17:58:09 CEST 2007

2007/10/2, Celso Junior <celsojr2007 at yahoo.com.br>:

> Oh...sorry...wrong link u_u
>
> http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/celsojr2005/easypose/easypose10.jpg

Nice!

We are missing crop and fold marks and bleed (plus other printer's mark such
as color bars but I guess this is normal here).

I wonder about the crease mention... How will this show on the press sheet?
Do we need this info in the file? I'd say yes if we want to use the proof to
bear all production notes. But it is most likely that printers won't want
this info on the plates. They'll want just what is needed to print and
control the colors on press. Plus, the paper size they will use might not be
large enough to hold more info than the minimum. Depends actually on each
case.

Covers are often printed 2 ups (or more depending on size and run) on a
Cover stock. Would be nice to have this option nearby!

I have difficuly understanding how this will work. The layout has to be done
in the editing tool, no? Can you explain how you see that? What is the
dialog below for exactly? Image frame... Text frame... But we don't edit
there, right?

Side note for Hard covers : we need lots of extra paper around the cover
that will fold and be glued on the inside cover. It could be up to 2 inches
of extra material. In that case of course the cover would be printed on a
Text stock, not a Cover stock.

Very nice so far!

Cheers!

Louis