[Scribus] Setting margins for text frames with Python

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Oct 2 03:57:41 CEST 2007

Familie Heining wrote:

> But I havn't found a way to set the margins of these text
> frames. Marking several frames and change the margins in one step with a
> scribus dialog box doesn't seem to work.

> Is there a way to set the margins (top, bottom, left, right) of a text
> frame with a Python script?

You might be able to use the raw properties interface in the scripter to
do this, but be aware that redraw delays and quirks may arise.

> By the way: my next step would be to write a plugin in C++ (if it makes
> sense).

It does. The c++ interface is a bit hairy, especially for text frames,
but there are often folks on IRC who might be able to help out.

--
Craig Ringer