[Scribus] Scribus for Scientific Posters?

william f. maddock billsey
Fri Nov 30 13:17:37 CET 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 2:13 AM, Lars Behrens wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm working in a physical institute here.
>
> What's driving me (and them) insane is the scientists using OOo or
> Power Point
> for creating A0 posters for conferences.
>
> So I'm thinking of introducing the physics to Scribus as a poster
> creation
> application, but I'm not sure if Scribus is yet far enough for that.
>
> What concerns me is:
>
> * Formulas
>
> As far as I can see, there is still no possibility in the actual
> version of
> Scribus (SuSE 10.2 here, Scribus 1.3.3.4-22) for formula creation, how
> about
> the tex frame thing? Fiddling around with OOo to create formulas won't
> seem
> very attractive to the scientists. Any other tips?

In OOo, simply select "Insert/Object/Formula" from the menus and a
formula editor springs forth.

Seems to me that if I knew advanced mathematics, it couldn't get much
easier.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey