[Scribus] old question... any new answer ?

stu seven stu7seven
Thu Nov 29 15:56:30 CET 2007

+    periodically encountering eps/ps import/export problems
with both Scribus and Inkscape, I wanted to ask scribus
techies about this feature.
     In my scribus, which is 1.3+, the eps/ps import simply
doesnt work at all... however, when I load scribus from Knoppix,
or other live-CDs which include much older versions, there is no
problem... so, the question... what would I need to do to get
this working in my debian install ?  ...and debian has just
about every library available.  The live-CD proves that the
feature works... I just dont see the problem with debian (I use
Sarge).

     I really dont mind using Knoppix or whatever else... but it
would so much more convenient if this feature would simply
work.

      hope someone can help to fix this