[Scribus] qt3 causing strange problems ?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Mon Nov 26 18:17:29 CET 2007

Julian Robbins wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> Julian Robbins wrote:

>>> I'm using a bog standard Ubuntu Gnome system. I also get odd other
>>> things going on like different letters disappearing than the ones I
>>> edited two places to the left.
>>>
>>> 1.3.4 doesnt seem to be so bothered.
>>>
>>> I tried removing the scim packages that had given problems in the past
>>> with Ubuntu, and oh yes sometimes my dialog spinners wont change when
>>> clicked. But it hasnt made much difference.
>>>
>> hmm. maybe we're getting somewhere. Have you changed the LANG variable
>> as recommended at:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scribus/+bug/37711
>>
> I did try this early, again now, but it still crashes. One thing I can
> say is that it says
>
> 'QDom: saving invalid character , the document will not be
> well-formed', on the cmd line several times.
>
> I also tried running Scribus under XFCE but it was just the same.
>
> May be I'll try your IRC channel later, if I get time. I really got to
> get this fixed - its driving me nuts crashing every 15 mins or less ..
>
> Julian

Its still the same. I have installed of Kubuntu to try and reset
whatever is causing the problem, as it was felt it was not a Scribus issue.

But, bizarrely the problems, mentioned above, ie not being able to
delete with backspace key the previous line in the Story Editor, etc,
etc dont manifest themselves in 1.3.4 only in 1.3.3.10

So what is different in 1.3.4 than 1.3.3.10?

No-one came back to me with any ideas with what

'QDom: saving invalid character , the document will not be
well-formed', on the cmd line several times.

means - its this a clue to the problem?

I have also completely deleted the .scribus folder again, to try and
allow scribus to rewrite its config's, but again no change.

I'm still desperate for a fix, but its not an easy one to tie down. Even
trying this with a new doc still gives exactly the same errors.

Please any help, gratefully recd.

--
Kind regards

Julian