[Scribus] qt3 causing strange problems ?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Fri Nov 23 18:19:45 CET 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Julian Robbins wrote:
>
>> Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> the key to fixing is finding where it's coming from, probably not
>>> Scribus itself. What Window Manager are you using? (eg Gnome vs KDE vs
>>> ??) -- maybe the WM is confused by what you've done to QT.
>>>
>> I'm using a bog standard Ubuntu Gnome system. I also get odd other
>> things going on like different letters disappearing than the ones I
>> edited two places to the left.
>>
>> 1.3.4 doesnt seem to be so bothered.
>>
>> I tried removing the scim packages that had given problems in the past
>> with Ubuntu, and oh yes sometimes my dialog spinners wont change when
>> clicked. But it hasnt made much difference.
>>
> hmm. maybe we're getting somewhere. Have you changed the LANG variable
> as recommended at:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scribus/+bug/37711

I did try this early, again now, but it still crashes. One thing I can
say is that it says

'QDom: saving invalid character , the document will not be
well-formed', on the cmd line several times.

I also tried running Scribus under XFCE but it was just the same.

May be I'll try your IRC channel later, if I get time. I really got to
get this fixed - its driving me nuts crashing every 15 mins or less ..

Julian