[Scribus] qt3 causing strange problems ?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Fri Nov 23 11:02:08 CET 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Julian Robbins wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having lots of problems that I've never seen before. I'm using
>> Ubuntu Gutsy with Scribus 1.3.3.10 from Malex's repos.
>>
>> The problems I'm getting are :-
>>
>>     * Lots of random crashes
>>     * when I edit text using the Story Editor, I get different
>>       characters than the ones I type in. This is really annoying !!
>>     * you can't delete blank lines in the Story Editor
>>     * Text styles sometimes go weird using the above.
>>     * The text you see when the app starts ie 'checking fonts' etc, is
>>       much smaller than it used to be.
>>
>> I think this might be related to when I recently installed qt4-config to
>> try and get the menu and layout sizes bigger (they had gone to a 9pt
>> size rather than the usual 12pt size). Then I installed qt3-config
>> realising this was the correct one.
>>
>> I've tried deleting the .scribus folder and re-installing scribus, and
>> also purging and reinstalling the qtconfig too, but all seems but the
>> same as before. I also have scribus-ng installed if that makes any
>> difference, but mainly use 1.3.3.10 for work.
>>
>> I hope someone can help as its really driving me mad !
>>

> I guess you might start out checking to see if something happened to
> your keyboard configuration. Hard to believe Scribus would do this, or
> even qt-whatever.

Greg

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, its not as simple as this.

Other strangeness I've seen, (which might help point towards the
problem, is that
when you delete information in the Story Editor, ie a line of text the
text goes from the text frame ok, but the line isnt removed in the Story
Editor unless you go back and click in it again.

Please if anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, I'm all ears and
prepared to send logs/screenshots etc or whatever might help to diagnose
this.

Julian