[Scribus] Import eps-files without convertion to RGB or CMYK

avox avox
Thu Nov 22 23:42:48 CET 2007

Gerhard S??-Jung wrote:

> Dear Scribus friends,
>
> I am new in using scribus and have discussed my problem with other scribus
> users who are working with it since years. But no one could help.
>
> I want to print a broschure at a printing company only using two colors:
> black/white and green (HKS53).
> Text in green and black is ok. As well color gradient from green to white
> has been exportet correctly.
> The problem is that I want to use a picture (logo) in eps format - that
> has
> been designed with adobe illustrator using black/white and green (HKS53).
> While importing or loading the file scribus is converting it to RGB
> colors.
> In the exported pdf-file the logo then is still in RGB or CMYK.

Hm, IIRC correctly, PS import should also import colors from PS files.
If you go to Edit->Colors, does it list some colors like "#004711 from EPS"?
You can edit those and make them HKS53 spot colors. Or, if you delete those
colors, you should be asked for a replacement color, and you can specify
the HKS53 spot color then.

If you load your EPS into an image frame, this will not work. Scribus does
not support spot colors in images. You can work around it by specifying a
b/w image and use the colorize effect on it.

HTH,
/Andreas