[Scribus] Colour management confusion

rockbeer bruce
Fri Nov 16 01:59:52 CET 2007

Hal V. Engel wrote:

> What color space are you using for the cmyk color in Scribus and in
> Photoshop?
> Are they the same?

They aren't the same - they can't be, as the options available in each
application are quite different. My cm setup is:

Photoshop (5.5) CMYK setup:
Model: Built in (ICC is unavailable - any ideas why, anyone?)
Ink Colours: Eurostandard coated (as advised by my printer)

Scribus cmyk setup:
cmyk pictures & printer: Euroscale coated v2 (closest option to Eurostandard
coated, I believe)

All the above running on Win XP

Does that help?

(Why is colour management so difficult, he asks plaintively. Surely it could
be managed so much better at OS level, i.e. a universal OS-level tool that
allows you to input all relevant details, configure hardware profiles, and
select different setups based on the task at hand, and that client apps can
obtain their settings from rather than having to configure each client
independently and just hope they play nicely together.)