[Scribus] PDF importing quality

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Nov 5 14:03:56 CET 2007

Riku Leino a ?crit :
> Ville Aakko wrote:
>> Now, is there a way to control how large images Scribus creates from
>> the imported PDF's? Or is there an utility, which I can use to create
>> bitmaps of certain size, to be imported in to Scribus?
>
> Placed PDF documents will be exported at the resolution set in the pdf export
> dialog's "Resolution for EPS graphics" field. The name should probably be
> changed to reflect this fact too. The resolution setting in preferences
> controls only the preview quality.

I agree the info provided (either name of the function or tooltip) can
be improved to reflect this particularity. While I understand the
function is meant to work that way (so, not a bug, per se) a PDF is
nonetheless a vector format and to see it rasterized is a bit
mindboggling (sorry, can't find a more precise word) to anyone used to
work with them.

Maybe a tooltip saying "including PDFs which will be rasterized at the
said resolution" (or something more elegantly said) could prove to be
helpful and useful.

Cheers!

Louis