[Scribus] Manual - revision

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Fri Nov 2 19:45:46 CET 2007

Asif wrote:
> However, could it also be possible for you guys to design the new
> manual keeping in view the total newbies to DTP/Page-layout like me?
> mean, could you compose it so that it teaches a layman the DTP
> itself
> instead of just Scribus? The suggestion is to create a DTP manual
> and
> show how Scribus makes various DTP tasks easier. Additionally, you
> could also include references to good DTP websites as well.

There are already many books that cover Desktop Publishing itself.
Why should volunteers with scarce time do it all over again? It
would be better to include a list of books and online sources
Scribus users have found helpful than to reinvent the wheel.

For DTP Web sites, you could start at http://desktoppub.about.com/ .
There are lots of articles on the basics and user forums where you
can post questions and join in discussions:
http://desktoppub.about.com/mpboards.htm

Another place populated with friendly experts is
http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com .

There is very little about Scribus at these sites, but plenty of
information we can adapt to Scribus. I would like to see the manual
contributors concentrate on *using Scribus*, not on information I
can find elsewhere.
--Judy Miner
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786