[Scribus] How to print?

avox avox
Thu May 31 21:38:26 CEST 2007

BandiPat-2 wrote:

> avox wrote:
>>

>> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>>> Don't know about your distro, but on FC6 there is a problem directly
>>> printing from Scribus in the "usual" way.
>>> You might try this workaround:
>>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting
>>>
>>> There must have been some change in CUPS, but Scribus is my only program
>>> I have trouble with.
>>>

>> I think some Ubuntu version had the same problem. It appears that CUPS
>> handles PostScript files with CMYK colorspace incorrectly when sending to
>> desktop printer via GutenPrint.
>>
>> /Andreas
> ==============
>
> So Scribus has to catch up with Gutenprint to correct this or
> Ghostscript?

CUPS.

When I analyzed the errorlog one user sent us, I figured out that CUPS
identified the PostScript file as using CMYK and instructed Ghostscript to
create a CMYK bitmap. Then it fed that CMYK bitmap to Gutenprint which
ignored it with a warning "subtractive colorspace not supported" or
something like that.

I guess any other application which tries to print CMYK PostScript files
thru CUPS would have the same problem.

/Andreas