[Scribus] How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Thu May 31 20:57:08 CEST 2007

avox wrote:

> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> BandiPat wrote:
>>> Ok, I've got a dumb question.  How do you make Scribus print from the
>>> program to your printer attached to your computer?  I haven't been able
>>> to print anything directly since version 4 or 5, 1.3.3!
>>>
>>> Oh sure, you can print to pdf or you can set an alternate command using
>>> kprinter, but it use to be possible to print directly to your attached
>>> printer.  What happened?
>>>
>> Don't know about your distro, but on FC6 there is a problem directly
>> printing from Scribus in the "usual" way.
>> You might try this workaround:
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Fedora_Core_6_-_Troubleshooting
>>
>> There must have been some change in CUPS, but Scribus is my only program
>> I have trouble with.
>>

> I think some Ubuntu version had the same problem. It appears that CUPS
> handles PostScript files with CMYK colorspace incorrectly when sending to a
> desktop printer via GutenPrint.
>
> /Andreas
==============

So Scribus has to catch up with Gutenprint to correct this or
Ghostscript?  I'm trying to remember the last time I did get a print
from Scribus.  It was when I was using SuSE, but I did convert the
system over to Gutenprint before moving to Zenwalk Linux.  Seems like it
printed even after I built Gutenprint to install, but I honestly don't
remember.

I know Zenwalk started with Gimp-print, but soon moved to Gutenprint,
but I can't remember a time I could print directly from Scribus in ZW,
even with Gimp-print?  I just noticed the previous thread here and used
the alternate command, using kprinter, which worked.

Thanks,
Pat

--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6--Linux 2.6.21---