[Scribus] Intrigued

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 28 06:59:09 CEST 2007

Dirk Pilat wrote:
> Hiho,
>
> using scribus happily and quite successfully for a literary magazine and
> am delighted about the online documentation and the functionality. Just
> one question remains:
>
> I am using scribus 1.2.5 at home on a Laptop sporting 1.5 GB ram and a
> 3100 Sempron on Ubuntu Feisty and on a Athlon 64 3500 system with 1GB ram
> on Feisty 64 (and an nvidia 6800gt). Editing a 14 page document with
> moderate graphic load feels quite sluggish on both machines.
>
> At work I have a cheap 2.6ghz celeron with onboard intel graphics and
> 256mg ram using scribus 1.3.3.8 on WIndows XP, and editing the same
> document seems unbearably quick and responsive.
>
> Is this a Linux/Windows issue, or is Scribus 1.3.3.8 just so much better
> compiled?

Both.

Qt seems quite a bit zippier on Windows, and that helps. The bulk of the
improvement will be that you're using 1.3.3.8 though, which is a really
major step up from 1.2.x .

If you are using colour management please upgrade to 1.3.3.9, there were
some significant fixes made after 1.3.3.8 .

--
Craig Ringer