[Scribus] Intrigued

Dirk Pilat pilatdirk
Mon May 28 06:51:58 CEST 2007

Hiho,

using scribus happily and quite successfully for a literary magazine and
am delighted about the online documentation and the functionality. Just
one question remains:

I am using scribus 1.2.5 at home on a Laptop sporting 1.5 GB ram and a
3100 Sempron on Ubuntu Feisty and on a Athlon 64 3500 system with 1GB ram
on Feisty 64 (and an nvidia 6800gt). Editing a 14 page document with
moderate graphic load feels quite sluggish on both machines.

At work I have a cheap 2.6ghz celeron with onboard intel graphics and
256mg ram using scribus 1.3.3.8 on WIndows XP, and editing the same
document seems unbearably quick and responsive.

Is this a Linux/Windows issue, or is Scribus 1.3.3.8 just so much better
compiled?

Dirk